Another meme stolen from Neil. A recap of 2006.
1.What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before?
Hmmm. I spent a week in a hospital after being operated on. Not much fun.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I’m not big on the resolutions. I don’t make them since I know I’ll break them.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My friends Mush and Andy had a baby girl. My friend Nancy had a baby boy. And my friend Mel had a baby girl. I think that is it for this year, though I know a bunch of people are expecting for next year.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My cousin-in-law, Greg, passed away after battling cancer for a couple of years. My great-uncle passed away two days ago, after a rapid decline in health.
5. What countries did you visit?
Stayed in Canada. We did go to Quebec which is now officially a “nation within a nation” according to our dumbassed prime minister.
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
7. What date(s) from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 28th. Firda and my first wedding anniversary. 🙂
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Our first wedding anniversary.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Hmmmm. I guess the biggest failure (do to know fault of our own) was not getting Firda’s citizenship application in. We are having a pain trying to get her Indonesian police clearance without her actual being in Indonesia. Hopefully early next year we can get it finished.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
My appendix ruptured. Oh and a couple minor common colds.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I would say the Rebel XTi digital SLR for Firda. She loves using it and it makes me happy.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
There are so many deserving people in the world who should be recognized for what they’ve done in 2006.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
The American soldiers who were charged with killing innocent Iraqi citizens. What makes them think they could do something like that?
Oh and of course Palestine and Israel.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Likely gas for my car.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
New episodes of Heroes. I love that show 🙂
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
Samson by Regina Spektor
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder?
thinner or fatter?
Thinner. Thanks to the appendicitis.
richer or poorer?
A little richer. I cut down my credit card debt a little.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Excercise (i.e. walking, hiking etc.)
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Bad food eating.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Firda and I spent Christmas at my parents place.
21. Who deleted question 21?
22. Did you fall in love in 2006?
I’m already in love with my wife.
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favourite TV programme?
Heroes. So good!
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Not that I can think of. Seeing as I hate everyone 🙂
26. What was the best book you read?
Full Circle by Michael Palin was pretty good, since it makes me want to travel more.
The Final Solution by Michael Chabon was really good as well. I’ve always enjoyed Sherlock Holmes.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Regina Spektor. I love her voice.
28. What did you want and get?
For Christmas? I got a bunch of video games, DVDs, clothing, CDs etc.
29. What did you want and not get?
There are always things that we want but don’t get. I don’t worry too much about it.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Little Miss Sunshine.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I worked from home. Firda and I went out for Indian food. I got the Richard Donner Cut of Superman II and Will Eisner’s New York from Firda for my birthday.
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Getting out of debt.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
The same as every other year. Comfort is paramount.
34. What kept you sane?
Firda – though she also makes me less sane at the same time 🙂
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Ummm. Alyson Hannigan.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The whole Israel/Palestine thing. Stupid stupid stupid.
37. Who did you miss?
Everyone who has left this life.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Hmmm. I’m not sure. I can’t think of anyone new I’ve met.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.
When your body is telling you something is wrong you better listen to it.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I can’t think of anything right now.