Since I’m lame at posting I’m going to do a meme that I read on Blogography. I’ve put it in the extended entry for those of you who dislike memes.
1. What’s in the glove box of your car?
My car insurance, ownership and instructions.
2. Favorite classes in college (or high school)?
I can’t say for sure. I really enjoyed Finite Mathematics in high school.
3. Shampoo brand:
Pert 2 in 1. I think. I know I always buy the same stuff.
4. Favorite piece of furniture you own:
My bed. It’s oh so comfortable.
5. Idea of a really good first date:
A date where I don’t have to do all the thinking/talking.
6. Favorite fruit:
7. Pick a passage from a favorite book:
8. What would you eat for dinner if it were your last night on earth?
Street Meat style hotdogs (like the ones you get on the city streets) and New York Style Cheescake. I’m sure there would be more but I can’t think of it.
9. Free Will or Destiny?
I kind of believe in both. I believe that we control our life but we also subconsciously create circumstances that seem serendipitous. If you understand what I’m saying.
10. What would you sing at karaoke?
I’d love to sing something by Neutral Milk Hotel or the Decemberists but alas that’s not likely to happen since I can’t imagine them being on any karaoke playlist.
11. Sweater or Sweatshirt?
Sweater with a t-shirt underneath.
12. Paris, NYC, Tokyo, or Rio de Janeiro?
Out of the four listed I’d like to visit Tokyo the most – since it just seems like such an interesting and weird city. Then I’d like to spend more time in Paris. The last time I was there I could only spend three days, which wasn’t enough to see a tenth of what I would like to see. Next I guess would be NYC, which wouldn’t be impossible, since it’s only a 10 hour drive away (or so). Then Rio. I don’t know why Rio is last. Something had to be.
13. What do you wear to bed usually?
T-Shirt and boxers if it’s warm. T-shirt and Superman pyjama pants it it’s cold.
14. If you dyed your hair, what colour would you dye it?
I’ve dyed my hair once. It was dyed blonder. Since I’m naturally dirty blonde. And the only reason I did it was because a friend was doing him. I don’t think I want to dye it again
15. If you went back to school, what would you study?
Teaching. I’d like to be a teacher at some point in my life, if it can be done.
16. Gum or mints?
17. Recurring nightmares?
Not that I can think of.
18. Age & location of first kiss?
I plead the fifth on this one.
19. Describe your favourite pair of shoes:
They were a pair of Lugz. They looked like bowling shoes. I got lots of compliments on them. I need to find another pair of shoes like that.
20. What movie/tv character do you feel like you relate to most?
Super Mario from the Super Mario Brothers cartoon. But seriously I don’t know!
21. First CD purchase:
I can’t recall. Been a while plus I have too many CDs.
22. First concert:
Again I can’t remember. It was either Corky and the Juice Pigs at the Rivoli (a Toronto based comedy troupe – who do mostly music) or Another Roadside Attraction (a show put on by The Tragically Hip which included Ziggy Marely, Spirt of the West, Blues Traveller and Eric’s Trip).
23. Do you like camping?
I use to and I still kind of do, I just can’t get over the “no showering” thing.
24. If you were doomed to be mauled to death by an animal, what animal would you prefer that to be?
A declawed cat. It would take days to die. Enough time to figure out how to get out of the predicament I was in.
25. Do you/would you own a gun?
No and no.
26. What religion would you like to know more about:
Islam. Though I learn a little bit more everyday since Firda’s entered my life.
27. Favourite food as a kid:
Rocky Road cereal. The cereal part was like cocoa puffs (making the milk chocolatety) and then there were big marshmallows coated in chocolate. Sweet.
28. How many languages do you speak?
One. English. I attempt Indonesian every so often, but Firda just laughs at me.
29. If you were a natural disaster, would you be a tornado, hurricane, or earthquake?
Tornado. Our apartment sometimes looks like a tornado hit it. Though I also like to think that Tornado Firda has something to do with that too. 🙂
30. If you could make one state in the US just go away, which state would that be?
Texas. Then we wouldn’t have George W.
31. How many prescriptions do you take?
Zero. I’m not that old yet 🙂
32. Lake or Ocean?
Both. The ocean because it’s so big. Lakes because my families cottage is located on one.
33. What is the worst lie you’ve ever told to get out of work, (and don’t say you’ve never lied to get out of work, because that my friend is a lie and you know it)?
I think I lied that I was sick. Though the thing is I ended up being sick the next day, so my body wasn’t lying.
34. Do you carry a backpack, a satchel or “man bag”, tote bag, brief case, or a backpack on wheels?
If I’m travelling a backpack. For work I have a laptop bag. For everyday life a backpack, along with two or three camera bags (since I’m Firda’s camera pack mule) 🙂
35. Have you ever been arrested/cited for anything other than traffic violations?
No. I’ve been questioned about something a friend did (but didn’t get charged with).
36. Would you ever move for/with a significant other?
Yes I would. Firda moved for me. I’d move for her, but I don’t know if I would be courageous enough to move to the other side of the world. I love Canada too much.
37. What was the weirdest thing you had to dissect for biology?
I think the only things I dissected was a fetal pig and a worm. Nothing too weird.
38. Would you ever consider spending some time at a nudist colony?
I don’t think so. Unless it was the Troy and Firda only nudist colony 🙂
39. Best thing you can cook?
Grilled cheese sandwich.
40. If you were going to donate 1000 dollars to a charity, what would that be?
Kids Help Phone. A kids help and counselling phoneline.